“This post and giveaway were made possible by IConnect and Pampers. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.”
It isn’t easy. Lord, it is not even fun. It is a back bending, argumentative, full throttle, battle of wits. Potty training my son. Some say that boys train faster. Some say that boys take longer. My son says, “Get this potty out of my house right now!”
I figured with our son almost two and a half, telling me when he has pooped his pants, and wanting a clean diaper, that maybe we would start potty training. So far, so much failure! Right about now I wish that Dr. Laura Jana, a potty training expert, made house calls. She isn’t going to magically show up so I will be making sure to ask questions at the upcoming Twitter Party with @Pampers and Dr. Jana on Thursday April 28th from 9-10PM EST! You can RSVP HERE. There will be some amazing prizes!
Pampers Easy Ups has been making the transition a bit easier to stomach. My son loves the Thomas & Friends® for boys, they also have Dora the Explorer® for girls. They give support for the diaper-to-underwear transition but still give the protection you want from accidents that may still occur. The fun graphics will fade when wet to help your toddler learn. The super stretchy sides are easy to pull up and down and if there is an accident, even easy to pull apart for a fresh change. They come in sizes 2T/3T through 4T/5T for both boys and girls.
Dr. Laura Jana, pediatrician, and award-winning author will be sharing her tips to help improve and simplify the potty training journey for toddlers and their parents. Grand Prize winner at the Twitter Party will be receiving Easy Ups, a potty seat, and a $250 AMEX gift card! RSVP To The Party!
As my journey in potty training our son is starting here are five lessons I am learning along the way.
- Patience. One day my son says he wants to sit on the potty. One day he tells us to get the potty out of the house right this instant! It is a process. We do not want to push it, for that can cause regression.
- Stock up in every bathroom of the house. May it be step stools, potty seats, toddler potty chairs, Pampers Easy Ups, and all the other necessities to get through this tough time. Running from where you are in the house to the only bathroom with supplies is not the most convenient move.
- Pack a change of clothes at all times. Accidents are going to happen. Keep an emergency bag in the car, so you are not running in to the closet store to buy new pants when there is pee dripping down the shopping cart half way through your weekly Target run.
- Praise. Praise them with high fives, dances, excitement, smiles, and words! When your toddler sees you are excited, they get excited. Possibly so excited they pee their pants..but we are working on that.
- The bribery. So far, this has NOT worked for us. The first night I brought home jars and stuffed them full of yummy candies and little toys our son cried and threw a fit that he wanted to get some. By day two, he wanted to climb on the big toilet and peek and discuss what was in the jars. By day three he was telling me, “small things are for pee pee and big ones are for poop!”, Yes! Communication! Communication is key through it all.
So while we may not be potty trained yet, our potty training journey is in full swing. Have we had a few days we had to revert to diapers? Sure. A few days we want to throw in the towel? Many! A few days we just need to sit back and realize it takes time? Plenty!
We now want to offer you a fun potty training package! This giveaway is sponsored by IConnect and Pampers. Open to all legal US residents ages 18 and up. You must have a home mailing address to claim if chosen randomly as the winner. (No PO Boxes). One lucky winner will be notified via email and must reply within (48hrs) to claim the prize. Giveaway ends on May 8, 2016. Please come back daily for extra entries!
The prize is Pampers wipes, Pampers Easy Ups (You choose boy or girl), and a $25 AMEX Gift Card that you can use towards potty training supplies! Good luck!
Bloggers that have participated in promoting this giveaway are not responsible for prize fulfillment. They have not been compensated for placement on their website. For any questions pertaining to this giveaway please email Nichole at MommyNeedsaBottleATgmail.com.
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.