Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Mother’s Day. The day to celebrate the Mother’s in your life. Wether it be your own Mom, your Wife, Your grown daughter who may be a Mom of their own, your sister, or even a friend who is a Mom. It is about celebrating every Mom you know and giving recognition for all the awesome they have been in your life and the kid’s they have raised! I was thrilled to have been sent to an advance screening of the Mother’s Day movie thanks to ProFlowers. Here are my top five reasons this is really a perfect date night movie with the husband. Sure, it’s awesome to see with friends, but just hear me out!
- Your husband can actually figure out the main characters. I mean come on Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis were playing a married couple in “We’re The Millers”, and what man has not seen “Horrible Bosses” or “Horrible Bosses 2”? Anyone who hasn’t been hiding under a rock also knows Julia Roberts very well, Kate Hudson, yep! He may even notice a few others once the show is rolling!
- A few out of line jokes that you may shake your head at, but your husband will chuckle. To be honest my husband didn’t cry like I did at some happy moments (and sad) but he surely did laugh out loud multiple times. He actually said it was a pretty awesome movie, he had never even seen a preview about the movie, so he truly walked in blindly. It also didn’t’ hurt that they mentioned the city he works in often! Here is a preview for those of you still living under a rock and not seeing the previews on television….
- The story line. Though some may think it to be cheesy, it really tries to incorporate ALL families. Birth mothers, adopted parents, those who gave up a child, Step Mom’s, Interracial couples, Long time married couples, loss of a Mom, and new Moms..it really just wanted to touch EVERY MOM! The story lines tugged at my husband when some of the trials and tribulations hit home. He understood what I go through some days when he is gone to work and I am trying to work from home and keep our son out of trouble.
- The references. You know how guys love to have those references that really are just kind of sly and sick humor? This movie was made with that. I remember a scene with Jennifer Aniston saying she was “OK” with something and a woman a few rows behind us stating “Oh, heck no, she is not!” The theatre full of mostly women and some husbands…related. We FELT what the characters were feeling.
- It showed appreciation for EVER Mother. I left with a better understanding of how some families may have to sort through their family issues but in the end, your Mom is your Mom! My Mom and I had our rocky years but we are closer than ever. Almost losing her this past year really put things in to perspective. A year ago this month, my husband lost his Mother. This movie although super funny, really takes your hand, holds it, and leads the way to show appreciation for every Mother, in every situation.
My Mom does not get to go out in public often as she has oxygen tanks and has to be careful due to immune system but this movie is surely one I want to buy and have her watch with me once on DVD and Blu-ray. She is a huge fan of many of the actresses and I know she will love it as much as I did. So seriously, your husband may say “Chick flick”, but I say, put his money where his mouth is and watch him enjoy it!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.