Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc.. All opinions are entirely my own.
Life is hard. Eat dessert first. I don’t think I can ever get through one of our Publix shopping trips without picking something sweet and delectable from the frozen dessert section. My absolute favorite dessert in the world is a tasty cheesecake. Let’s be honest, who has time to make from scratch every single time you have a party to host or dinner guests coming? Certainly not me!
I never worry because I know my reliable Sara Lee® Frozen Dessert products are always easy to thaw and serve with quality ingredients that are frozen fresh. I’m a bit of a pumpkin cheesecake addict but nothing beats being able to dress your Sara Lee® Frozen Dessert products to fit a theme. You can get as creative as you want with a Sara Lee® Classic Cheesecake. The tasty graham cracker crust, smooth cream cheese filling, and the real sour cream topping. So simple in looks but bursting with flavor. You get a fresh-baked taste that feels like home!
I finally realized at the age of thirty-two, why my Mom always said, “Eat dessert first.” The last time we ate out together, a small family restaurant served Sara Lee® Frozen Dessert products on their menu. My Mom ordered two slices. She didn’t finish lunch, but that day, nothing else mattered but a feeling of satisfaction. That day, I realized, more people need to stop letting cataloged behavior control their eating order and just let go of all inhibitions. Just eat dessert first!
6 Reasons You Should Eat Dessert First;
- Feeling forced to finish every bite of a meal just to get to dessert, means you are forcing yourself to maybe eat more than you would. Dessert is amazing. You can take leftovers home or reheat them the next day.
2. In Europe it is traditional to have pastries or some type of fruit tart. Eating something you thoroughly enjoy means you are actually having portion control and not feeling like you are overeating just to get a reward at the end of the meal.
3) “Stressed” spelled backwards, clearly is “Desserts.” When you eat dessert first, you nix the stress. (The stress of if you are going to eat more than you need to, to be able to have dessert!)
4) Teaching our children that they must clear their plate to get the good stuff, is aligning them to think that everything on the plate prior to dessert must not taste nearly as good. A great way to nip this is to serve family style meals with dessert right alongside their meal. Sure, it’s not broccoli but some tasty cheesecake with real ingredients is pretty high on my food chain list!
5) No one said you had to have a full size dessert first! Creating tiny servings of dessert prior to meals or cute bites is a great way to have the savory taste of your favorite Sara Lee® Frozen Desserts, helping turn moments into memories.
6) “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” —Ernestine Ulmer.
Recently I spoke to a friend’s Mother who had lost a parent as did her husband within the same week. The hustle and bustle of life really just threw life into a tizzy. I was talking to her about how my Mom got me started on eating dessert first the month before she passed away and her eyes just lit up! She told me that for the first time ever, for their wedding anniversary, she insisted they eat dessert first. It changed the whole way they looked at enjoying meals and now they want to do it more often.
This holiday season, let loose and serve up some dessert first! Keep dessert options available at all times. Nothing brings me more joy than seeing the smiling faces that light up at the sight of dessert. Instead of “Save me a slice” or “I’ll take just a tiny sliver”, let it be known, dessert is open to all. No restrictions!
You can find all your favorite Sara Lee® Frozen Dessert products at your Publix SuperMarket in the frozen food aisle. Serve it as is, slice it and decorate as shown in some of my photos, or create new ways of serving it such as mini shot glass treats. The sky is the limit, but the way to my heart is certainly with cheesecake!
Topping Prep Time
Total Thaw Time
Microwave 1 or 2 slices at a time – Will be ready in under 30 seconds OR. Thaw in refrigerator – Will be ready in 4-5 hours.
Caramel + Whip Topping: 70 kcal
Strawberry + Whip Topping: 65 kcal
Peppermint Starlight Sprinkles: 40 kcal (for 2 ground hard candies)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.