Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
A delicious concoction from the California Pizza Kitchen’s newest cookbook “Taste of the Seasons” , available in all locations. A sassy vodka based cocktail that will have you rethinking leaving the house for a day in the sun, when you could lay out in your own yard and sip on this dreamy cocktail all day long. Perfect for your Summer gatherings. So easy, they will think you bought it at the store!
I also highly suggest this unbreakable cocktail glasses for safety outdoors, no worries of breakage!
- Lime wedge
- Fennel salt
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 ounce fresh agave sour
- ½ ounce agave nectar
- ¼ of a ripe avocado, mashed ice
- Mint sprig
- In an electric spice grinder (or clean coffee bean grinder) combine 1 tablespoon kosher salt and 1 tablespoon fennel seeds. Blend until fennel seeds are coarsely ground, about 5 seconds. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Run the lime wedge around half of the rim of a 6- or 8-ounce old fashioned glass.
- Spread some fennel salt on a small plate or shallow dish. Dip moistened half of rim in salt.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice, add vodka, fresh agave sour, agave nectar and avocado.
- Cover and shake vigorously, until avocado is completely incorporated with mixture.
- Strain into prepared glass.
- Garnish with mint sprig and serve immediately. ENJOY!
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.