Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Memorial Day is creeping up and you may want to sip a sweet treat pool side. A recipe from California Pizza Kitchen’s recipe collection called “Tastes of the Seasons” offers this refreshing Cucumber Basil Soda to wet your whistle. A great non-alcoholic way to enjoy the afternoon. An easy recipe that is sure to be a hit at any cook out this week and all Summer long!
Cucumber Basil Soda Beverage Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 12 large basil leaves
- 9 cups of soda water chilled ice
- cucumber slices and fresh basil leaves for garnish
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved and mixture just comes to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl muddle the cucumber and basil leaves with the back of a wooden spoon. Add to the hot syrup. Cover and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain the syrup, pressing the solids through a fine-mesh strainer to release the flavors. Discard solids.
- For each serving, combine 3 tablespoons of the syrup with ¾ cup soda water in an ice-filled glass. Stir gently to combine. Garnish with cucumber slices and a basil leaf.
- Note: Cucumber-basil syrup can be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.