Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Anyone can serve up a green bean casserole that is delicious for the holiday season. It is a true holiday tradition to sit around the table and pass the green bean casserole among the other delicious sides as someone carves in to the meat of choice. However, what if I told you that you could easily transition two side dishes in to one and make one amazing creation that looks like it was professionally created at a restaurant and tastes like a slice of heaven?
This is my Twist to serve up something special: Potato Puff Green Bean Casserole Cups. This recipe and serving style is not as quick as a normal green bean casserole but it sure is a surprising twist to the traditional version and really gives a classy style on a way to serve up the meal or even to utilize left over mashed potatoes and green bean casserole you may have after a gathering. #ThisIsMyTwist
Ingredients to make a dozen
- (2) cans of Del Monte® French Cut Green Beans
- (1) can of Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- (1) container of French’s® Fried Onions (original or caramelized onion is suggested)
- (6) large baking potatoes
- (8-10) slices of bacon or turkey bacon
- (1/2 cup) Colby Jack shredded cheese
- (1/4 cup) milk
- (3) large eggs
- (3) tbsp sugar
- (1) tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
Directions (This is a 3 step process!)
Preheat oven to 425
- Peel, cut, and boil your potatoes
- Cook your bacon or turkey bacon until just almost crisping-cut into small pieces- divide and set aside half.
- Place in mixer with milk, cheese, sugar, garlic powder, salt & pepper
- Beat on low until smooth
- Add in the eggs and continue to beat
- Add in half of the bacon or turkey bacon and mix one more time
- Scoop in to a well greased muffin pan half full and then create a hole in the center with a spoon
- Drain your green beans
- Use a food processor (or smashing in a sandwich bag) to grind down your French’s Fried Onions
- Divide your French’s® Fried Onions- set half to the side
- Combine first (3) ingredients together and mix in a bowl
- Add in half of your bacon or turkey bacon- stir
- Spoon in this mixture to each potato cup, you can create it level or have a small mound
- Place in oven for 35-40 minutes, time may vary based on how much potato mixture you have, used a toothpick to check .
While these are in the oven you will make your topping
- Take the other half of your bacon or turkey bacon and place in bowl
- Combine with the other half of your French’s® Fried Onions
- When your potato puffs are firm enough, pull muffin tin out and place a heaping teaspoon of this mixture on each green bean casserole potato puff cup
- Place back in the oven for 5-8 minutes until browning
Let cool and serve. If your pan is well greased they should come out fairly easily. If not, use a butter knife to release on edges and slide underneath to scoop up. Eat with your hand or with utensils!
You can always recreate this serving suggestion with your own twist on green bean casserole and using your favorite mashed potato recipe! The options truly are endless! Create a new family tradition with this style of serving up your green bean casserole.
Remember the biggest variable is how thick your potato mixture is when baking so you may need to use a little excess time to make sure it firms up! I would love to hear how this recipe and serving suggestion went over with your family! Happy Holidays from my kitchen to yours!
Next time you’re in Walmart, go look at the screens by the green bean casserole display, at the end of the aisle. Walmart is picking the best of the ideas from recipes created by people like me and you, to show right there in the store! If you see mine, let me know with a post or a tweet! Make sure to go to thisismytwist.com to see everyone’s suggested twists!
I want to know what you think about Green Bean Casserole! If you take the 10 Minute Survey you will be receiving a $5 Walmart gift card if you are one of the first 100 people that fully completes the survey (U.S. citizens only, must be 18 years or older to participate).
Check out This is my Twist for more recipe fun!
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.