Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Easy Creamy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
I’m not going to apologize for my love of all things pumpkin. This easy creamy pumpkin soup recipe is so easy to make and tastes like the holidays would..if holidays had a designated taste!
I wish it was not so taboo to eat pumpkin year round, it would make finding pumpkin flavored items so much easier. This recipe though, no one can steal from you after the holidays are over, the ingredients will be found year round in the store.
Be the perfect neighbor and pack up and bowl and delivery with some fresh bread or keep in the fridge and eat for a few days! It makes an amazing side dish to Thanksgiving as well as a stand alone meal!
1 cup pumpkin purée
2 cups chicken broth, divided
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
1 cup half and half cream
2. In a large pan or Dutch oven, add the remaining chicken broth, butter, spices and cream. Stir to mix well.
3. Heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until a low simmer.
4. Stir in the pumpkin mixture and continue to heat on medium low until a low simmer is reached again.
5. Garnish with a parsley sprig, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon or cream.
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup half and half cream
- Place 1 cup chicken broth and pumpkin purée into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pan or Dutch oven, add the remaining chicken broth, butter, spices and cream. Stir to mix well.
- Heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally until a low simmer.
- Stir in the pumpkin mixture and continue to heat on medium low until a low simmer is reached again.
- Garnish with a parsley sprig, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon or cream.
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.