Well, let me start by clarifying that yes time flies! As of the 11th Mr. Davin was 8 months old! I better get the ball rolling on planning his birthday party. We will be on the high seas for the week of our birthday celebration but we must of course have a 1st birthday for him with friends and family! I know a few friends who really have their crap together, planning over 6 months out. Me? Yea, I know what day I want it. That is as far as I have gotten. We are jumping quite a few hurdles the past month but as always, Mommy is learning! I am including some fun photos from his first real modeling gig for Judanzy. He got to model a new long sleeve outfit and multiple pairs of their new leggings for the fall/winter line.
What has Mommy learned?
- Teething is so random! He got his first two bottom teeth at 3.5 months. Right now I see four, yes FOUR, about to pop from his top gums. I can’t even imagine the pain he can go through. I’m really glad as we get older we don’t remember teething.
- Crawling? Still not a full crawl. He pretty much does the worm across the floor. He would much prefer to stand up and scale across furniture or his baby play yard.
- Taking photos. He is now starting to pause and pose. Such a ham! You can ask him to smile or whistle and he will always provide a grin now.
- Eating out, has become much easier. He is big enough to completely fit in a high chair without his infant car seat. He loves to look at everyone who walks by so maybe his face does not stay so clean as the spoon swipes his cheek more often than not. He is a total flirt.
- We learned about essential oils and I found that the lavender really helps him calm down before bed and sleep long stretches in the night so he does not co-sleep 100%, he still ends up in the bed at some point in the middle of the night, which I don’t mind as he is still breastfed.
- He loves food. He has tried creamed spinach, corn, pineapple, strawberries, and a few other things. His favorite this month was certainly strawberries! He would ignore his turkey if he could just have a full plate of them. Good think we live in one of the biggest strawberry farming areas!
- My child has now gone to putting things in his mouth. I guess that was a change since last month. He is currently gnawing on my jeans while he stands up.
- He has full conversations with himself with one word. “Bababababababbababa” It’s quite cute. If you try to discuss it with him, he will tell you, that you are wrong.
- He says it is a hard life being a baby growing up so fast. Each week he looks a little different. It is almost a full time job just to keep up on taking photos!
- A shivering baby that got hit with ice cold water by accident (dual shower heads, oops!) is a baby who will cling do you for dear life and be a little more skeptical when you start to draw him the next bath! We overcame it last night but if he was older I bet he would hold it against me!
All in all besides the teething issues, everything is smooth sailing. I am learning how to be patient. How to parent on my own when Daddy has to be away for a week at a time, and how to find a little time for myself. The tears still break my heart but I think I am becoming more accustomed to knowing when he faking it or they are real. All in all, Mom life still rocks!
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.