First off can I get a pat on the back? Davin turned 10 months old on September, 11, 2014 and here I am within a week getting this post up! Go me!!! We won’t talk about the pile of other work that is a little overdue 😉 Hey, that is me being honest! Here we are, 10 months old. Two months until I have a one year old little boy. Wow! Time flies! Month ten was full of so much excitement and baby milestones I hope I can remember them all to share! I am sharing a few photos from his photo shoot we did to prepare for his birthday. We have finally come to a decision with an “Ahoy Matey, Bon Voyage” theme. Since we leave on a cruise to celebrate both our birthdays. We will have a family and friends bash a few days early.
Davin is a little spitfire, just like Mommy. That must be the Scorpio in us. He has such personality and spunk. He loves to mimic people now. Fake coughs to get attention, and one day, took off walking with a push toy!
So what has Mommy Learned?
- Davin is now sleeping better if I use the DoTERRA lavender oils nightly. This helps Mommy sleep better. He still wakes up to breastfeed but is less vocal about it and just finds me and then goes back to bed. This allows me to feel a little more well rested.
- He likes to do raspberries with his mouth. Even more funny? He will take his hand to his lips and smack them to make more noises. You can find him in his play area just making music with his mouth.
- Smacking. Oh boy! He hates when Mommy plays bad cop. He has taken to smacking in the face Mommy or Daddy. Daddy lets him get away with it. Me? Not so much. I give my stern mommy voice and he pouts and throws out a fake cry. I won’t tolerate hitting!
- Crawling. Prior he was doing the worm. Well, the day we took these photos, he was not in a mood to meet some strange photographer. So he hiked those knees to his chest and crawled off! So his very first real crawl was captured on photo!
- Favoritism. He sometimes demands Mommy or Daddy attention. If he does not want Daddy, he will cling to me for dear life. If he wants me to feed him, he will smack his food away from spoon when Daddy tries. There are times he is very excited to see his Daddy and wants to go play and jumps for him.
- Sippy cups. These things are a love hate. I have a few that are easy to use. Then there are some that are so ridiculous. Trying to put the pieces together. Better yet, if I can’t suck liquid out of them, how is he supposed to? Some of them I could not get a drop of liquid out!
- Getting dressed. My kid would prefer to prance around in his cloth diapers all day long. That is not an option when we go out in public. He has taken to helping Mommy get him dressed now. Guiding his arms in. If I go to slow though, I hear his complaints. He will also rush to help take off his shirts.
- Toys. His favorite toys by far right now are his activity table, a teething necklace he likes to carry, and an extra XBOX controller. He will play with for periods of time, just moving the buttons. He also loves all his dolls. Right now his IKEA soft boy doll is a fan favorite. He still steps on his little girl baby doll to hear her cry lol.
- Birthday. We are planning a great family and friends event to celebrate his 1st birthday. I rented a shelter at a park and am working with a few people and companies to make things fantastic. I can’t wait to share with all of you! My mind is racing with the time coming closer.
- Nilla wafers. These are the key to stop pouting or fussing. My son thinks they are just the best thing ever created. He can’t wait to shove a whole one in his mouth when he sees the box come off the freezer!
- Walking. Davin has been scaling his playard a bit but I picked him up a push toy at a resale shop and within five minutes he was racing around the living room with it! He did face plant once, live and learn. Lol.
- Brushing teeth: My kid loves it! He will try to brush his own teeth and just loves to mimic mommy. I help him finish up but I love that I can instill this behavior in him at such an early age.
*This photo is right after he realized the starfish was not a cookie!*
I think that sums up most of what I wanted to share, he is such a ham and I love him to pieces! We do worry though how he would react with a sibling. Right now if I cover my chest when he wants it, he loses all patience with the world. He is a Mommy’s boy for sure!
We are so very excited for month 11! This month his Mormorsmor comes home from Sweden (My grandmother) and his Great Uncle John is moving back from New York to live in Tampa again!!! It has been ten years since my Uncle lived in Florida so this is great! I can’t wait to be able to spend more time with him. We also missed my Grandmother very much! She is like my best friend!
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.