Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
To celebrate national Donut Day (June 5th) We wanted to share this delicious baked donuts recipe from the chefs over at Spork Foods. To cut time on this recipe, see below on how to make this recipe using Pistachio Chewy Bites!
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup un-refined evaporated cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup original almond milk, plus ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup neutral tasting oil (safflower)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *3 tablespoons, plus 1 tablespoon Setton Farms Pistachio Kernels, chopped
- *1 tablespoon, plus 1 tablespoon, dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- *To make the the recipe even faster, substitute 5 Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites, finely chopped
- Vanilla Icing:
- 2 teaspoons non-hydrogenated buttery spread
- ½ cups organic powdered sugar
- tablespoon soymilk creamer or almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt
- In a small pot, melt buttery spread and add in powdered sugar. Whisk until lumpy. Add soymilk creamer or almond milk, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk until smooth, about 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 350●.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, sugar and sea salt and whisk until uniform.
- In a small bowl, add almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside to curdle, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add almond milk mixture, oil and vanilla extract to dry ingredients. Whisk until uniform. Fold 3 tablespoons pistachios and 1 tablespoon cranberries (or 3 Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites) into batter.
- Grease donut pan generously with cooking spray and pour batter into each donut shape. Leave about ¼ inch for batter to rise and clean any excess batter from center of each donut to prevent sticking.
- Bake for about 21-24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before glazing. Place on a cooling rack over a baking sheet with walls, to collect icing.
- To glaze donuts, drizzle a small amount of glaze over each donut, making sure there is a baking sheet to catch the run-off. Sprinkle right away with remaining pistachios and cranberries, or Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites before glaze hardens. Set aside to cool.
This recipe was shared with permission from Spork Foods.
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.