Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Mother’s Day is here and it is time to butter Mom up! You know you are the reason she drinks. Not a bad thing, because a with an amazing wine like Butter Chardonnay from JaM Cellars, you get the
buttery” smooth taste that will taste great with just about anything. The 2014 Butter Chardonnay from JaM Cellars, is rich, bold, and easy to love with a juicy, ripe, stone fruit and baked-lemon aromas. Aged in their own blend of oak, it makes it a unique wine that is simply just Butter!
My Mom will never let me live down certain moments in my childhood. I know clearly, the reason she needed to hide out for a long drawn bubble bath and a glass of wine some days. You see, I was an only child for quite some time. I got bored often. When the neighborhood kids were in trouble..I was left to my own devices, and Barbie couldn’t keep me occupied forever.
My Grandmother told me about a little story of me being the demanding person I tend to be (In a good way) and after my Mom had buckled me snug as a bug in the car, to go meet Grandma, I demanded to go back inside and go potty immediately. Well, that fit of childhood timing actually saved our lives. While my Grandmother was waiting for us a couple miles away, a tornado ripped through the driving path we were to take to meet her. Those moments, although it drove my Mom nuts…were part of parenting that just is meant to happen. Now, I’m not saying that every hissy fit or lack of time perception from a child is going to save your life, but parenting is a whirlwind of demands from tiny little minions dictating your schedule.
It’s no surprise my top Mother’s Day gift would be a bottle of wine, you realize what website you are on, right? I live in a world of Little People. I only have my son, but I am also now my Mom’s caregiver. I feel like I am on the go 24/7. Some days, I forget to eat. Some days, I forget to shower. My toddler is certainly the reason I need a pick me up with dinner or as a lone dessert of some wine.
Reasons Mom’s Drink (Oh there are so many more but these ones are just from this week’s revival of toddler land…the one man stress show)
- I cleaned up all the toys. Only to have them all pulled out again. He helped pick them up the first time, but now it’s too hard and he is too tired to help the second time.
- We are out to eat and he says he is starving. Food comes, he is not hungry and wants to go home.
- I didn’t order him the same lemonade I have. He “needs” mine.
- The fries are shaped as waffle fries, not straight.
- The fries are seasoned, not plain
- The fries are too hot.
- The fries are too cold
- The fries are too long.
- He said he didn’t want to take a shower with Daddy, as the water turns off he REALLY wants to take a shower with Daddy.
- He doesn’t want to put shoes on. He wants to go outside. He realizes he needs shoes to go outside and throws a fit until we put them on.
- He says he can’t walk anywhere, pick him up. He realizes he can’t play with friends if he says he can’t walk.
- He took a shower already, but wants a bath. He won’t stop screaming until he gets a bath.
- He wants to watch videos, but only on Daddy’s phone. Not his extra phone, not his tablet, and certainly not on Mom’s phone…Daddy isn’t even home!
- He wants corn dogs for dinner. They are being cooked. He wants them now, but not frozen. I offer him a hot dog which is faster, no, he wants corn dogs. He shucks all the breading off, and eats the hot dogs.
I love Mom life. It’s wonderful. Sometimes I want a nap…alone, without my child grabbing for my chest to get milky. The brief moments I can go hide out, I really want a glass of wine. Something for myself. To regulate my senses and decompress. I tell my Mom all the time now, how sorry I am for being a total turd as a kid. I mean I once wrote in a card in school for Mother’s Day…”My Mom is the best because she knows how to spit nasty food in to napkins.” The truth is, that was such an epic lesson to learn! A great glass of wine can always help with the suffering of a bad meal or a bad day.
My Mom said, my son would be ten times the handful I was, she hasn’t failed in that prediction. I love my little man to the moon and back, but sometimes, when he is playing in the living room with his Daddy, I sneak in to his room, and have a moment to myself….
Find Butter Chardonnay in a store near you with the JamCellars WineFinder. Be sure to check out the JaM Cellars WineFinder to find a store near you. Select stores across the nation that I’m sure are near you include Wholefoods, Bevmo, Total Wine & More, Kroger, and HEB.
You can also sign up for The Scoop! A monthly newsletter that provides news on Butter, JaM and Toast; ways to come drink wine with them; plus chances to win BottleRock tickets, schwag and more!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.