Nothing says dinner like a delicious meal that is waiting for you when you get home right out of the slow cooker. Even with one extra step after cooking all day, you can do that before showering and getting everyone rounded up at the table.
My husband is particularly picky about BBQ chicken. He hates most of the ones offered at the store and I dislike the low amount and high price tags. With this recipe I make enough slow cooker pulled bbq chicken meat for over 10 sandwiches. It comes out being much cheaper than buying a pre cooked microwaveable tub that feeds 4-6 sandwiches.
Feel free to use any sandwich bread you want but I will give you a fair warning that a fresh baked Ciabatta bun is hands down one of the best ways to go! I also would advise the french onion rolls in your local bakery as another selection choice.
This recipe freezes well and is so tasty! The secret is truly in using (2) of the ingredients by brand name, no I am not sponsored by them, but it is what makes this recipe truly unique. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does! This recipe yields 10 large sandwiches or you can make 15+ sliders
Wild Bruschetta Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 32 oz bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
- 3/4 cup Sweet Baby Rays Wild Buffalo Wing sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian bruschetta salad dressing I like Wish Bone
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Sandwich Buns
- Place all chicken in the slow cooker and set at high for 4hrs or low for 6-8hrs
- In a mixing bowl mix all wet and dry ingredients
- Pour over the chicken
- Place lid on slow cooker and ignore
- Once your 4 hrs (or 6-8) are up, use two forks to shred the chicken
- Let cook on low for an additional hour to absorb all the juicy sauce
- Serve on your choice of buns (Ciabatta or Onion Rolls really make it pop!)
If you enjoy this recipe let me know you would like to see more slow cooker recipes on the website! I love and depend on my slow cooker so often that it is fun for me to create new recipes to spice things up on the dinner menu in my house!
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.