Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
As I reflect back on how I chose to use my Caramel French Toasted Angel Food Cake recipe in the first ever Hood Calorie Countdown Cook Off, I am really hungry and considering make it again this weekend!
Due to time constraints and the fact that I am a Mom, I always buy my angel food cake at the store. Locally, Walmart has the best price on this (Typically under $4, while other stores are nearing in at $7-$8).
The recipe I created uses some of my favorite items, including. Hood Calorie Countdown Reduced Fat Dairy Beverage. While this was a requirement for the cook off, it is a choice I started making in my house this past January. The fact that I try not to use regular dairy beverages often due to carbohydrates, and doing keto most of the time, Hood Calorie Countdown was a great fit for my lifestyle. Less calories. Less sugar. Definitely less carbohydrates!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and friends do!
(The biggest tip I can ever give is to use a skillet never used for meat, your product never has a chance to stick and fall apart if you use one dedicated to your pancakes/cake based recipes)
Directions: On low heat whisk caramel sauce and Hood Calorie Countdown Reduced Fat Dairy Beverage until creamy and smooth, the Hood Calorie Countdown will thin the caramel sauce out enough to drizzle and not overly sweeten your Angel food cake.
Caramel French Toasted Angel Food Cake
- 1 Angel Food Cake – Store Bought
- 1 Cup Hood Calorie Countdown Reduced Fat Dairy Beverage
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel Syrup
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (flavoring)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- For Topping
- 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup Hood Calorie Countdown Reduced Fat Dairy Beverage
- Whipped Cream
- Heat skillet to a medium/high.
- Slice your Angel food cake in to 6-8 slices.
- In a bowl whisk together all other ingredients until smooth.
- Dip each piece of Angel Food Cake in to the batter, squeeze out excess liquid.
- Add a sliver of butter as needed between every 2 slices you toast.
- You will need to toast all three sides for about 90 seconds each side.
- Time will vary based on temperature and electric or gas stove.
- On low heat whisk caramel sauce and Hood Calorie Countdown Reduced Fat Dairy Beverage
- Add fruit, caramel drizzle, and whipped cream for finishing touches. A perfect breakfast or dessert!
- Syrup can be used in place of caramel drizzle if preferred.
***Final recipe shots were supplied by Lotus Eyes Photography from Orlando, FL and shot during the first ever Hood Calorie Countdown Cook Off in May 2018***