At about one month old Davin rolled in his four week mark as a little monster instead of a little mister. Monday (Yesterday) he turned four weeks old. I guess tomorrow (The 11th) he would be one month since birth. I barely survived off two hours of sleep in over 24hrs and he did not close his little eyelids until we were in the car heading to his grandparents house. Of course he slept through that visit, stopping at a store, and nearly finished off his snooze while we ate dinner. We did have to quickly ask for the bill so we could leave as he was going to cause a riot at that point.
- No matter how big and bad you are to get over needles, when you see your child getting one stuck in their heel, you cry. Stupid heel prick test for jaundice!
- You will never fully sleep without raising your eyelids a few times when you are unsure why they are so quiet.
- If they sleep too soundly in their swaddle, you may put your finger under their nose. You know, just to make sure they are still breathing!
- Gripe water. Got it at week 2 and it helps but for some reason even though it claims to help hiccups, only the boob helps calm that. Still had gas issues but he loves the taste and will calm down long enough to figure out why he is crying.
- Invest in more pumping bottles and lids. I only have 6 pumping bottles but only 4 lids. Therefore with my supply right now I am washing bottles 2-3x a day to pump and feed. Right now he only gets one bottle at night with daddy but we would like to switch it up a bit so mommy’s boobs can get some rest.
- My kid is already smiling a bit and loves when you move his lips with your finger and make noises. He gets a very pensive look on his face before he is about to let out a huge poosplosion…like no joke…rests his hand on his cheek, looks up, grins, and lets it RIP!!!
- We learned that using the infant sling in the bathtub we bought= a big fat fail. But if mommy gets IN the tub with him with the sling and daddy helps from the side..we have a happy baby loving the splish splash time!
- Dunstan Language. I will be learning more about this. Just saw a video and there are apparently five words babies tell you before they break into the all terrifying cry of doom. I have nailed one down so far (discomfort or in his world a wet diaper!) I need to learn the hungry one as soon as possible lol.
- It is OK to be tired and cranky. Hubby and I tend to snip back and forth but at the end of the day we know we are battling this first time parent thing together and we love each other and our little family. Each morning brings a new day to learn something new.
- Gas drops!!!!!!!! Why did no one tell me about these BEFORE I had the baby so I could have them on hand. It took us FOUR WEEKS to go race to the store to buy them. Damn thing is like $11 a bottle but started him on them last night and we have for the first time in a month no joke a SUPER HAPPY CONTENT BABY!!!! Like…he will sit there and relax and just be calm and happy. I knew he had an upset belly but thought Gripe Water was supposed to do the trick…Gripe Water has NO trophy spot compared to Gas Drops!!
- And for fun a real doozy…..if you want Mommy to nearly pee her pants laughing and hyperventilating in tears of fun….give the baby to Daddy right before a poosplosion and just wait for the reactions from both men :-p Daddy has really stepped it up with changing diapers the past two weeks and is nailing it! So proud of him!
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.