When it comes to taco night in my household, I need to cut back on the carbohydrates. The tiny shells we normally use, tend to clock in at 100 calories per shell. Stuff your face with 3-5 tacos and you just packed on an extra two hour cardio workout at intense levels. I had to come up with a better solution for myself. I wanted to feel satisfied but not compromise taste!
I came up with these super easy Taco Stuffed Green Bell Peppers that literally only delay serving the whole family their tacos by about 20 minutes, I fib and tell them their meat needs to still simmer for better flavor. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Photos are showing me making (1) serving:
Quick and Easy Taco Stuffed Green Bell Peppers Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- 2 green bell peppers
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1/2 cup Colby Jack shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Optional: Sour Cream
- Set oven to 425 - Bake
- Brown your meat (ground turkey or beef) ad prepare with taco seasoning as usual
- Divide and hollow out your green bell peppers
- In mixing bowl add cooked meat, shredded cheese, and salsa: stir until blended
- Scoop mixture in to each green bell pepper half.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes
- Switch oven to a high broil
- Place swiss cheese slice over each green bell pepper
- Broil for 5 minutes
- Serve immediately. I use extra salsa, sour cream is optional.
- If you desire a little bit softer green bell pepper, extend your baking time to 25-30 minutes, broil should remain the same!
Like what you see? Want to see more fun ideas from my kitchen? Share it on social media and pin it on Pinterest! Don’t forget to follow us to see when new recipes are published. Enjoy!
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.