Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
When I am focusing on keeping a high protein diet at a low cost, beans are always the answer. The prices of meat are soaring and I want to get the most bang for my buck. Granted, my husband does not eat chili so when I make this Three Bean Chili Medley, I have it all for myself. Perfect for freezing and storing in individual portions. I love mine with a shredded three cheese blend and some sour cream!
I depend on my Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker to get the job done and cook while I am chasing my toddler!
Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili Medley Recipe
- 1 lb ground turkey- fresh or frozen
- 15 oz can of black/negro beans
- 15 oz can of chick peas/garbanzo beans
- 15 oz can of red kidney beans
- 15 oz can of sweet cut corn
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes I like the garlic and Oregano
- 2 taco seasoning packets
- 1 medium sweet onion
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Turn your slow cooker on low
- Drain all the cans of their excess liquid
- Combine all cans in the slow cooker, excluding the sweet cut corn, keep to the side
- Brown your 1lb ground turkey, adding in the 8oz tomato sauce and one taco seasoning packet- do not use water as stated on the taco season packet
- Dice your onion
- Put second packet of taco seasoning in the slow cooker, stir
- Add in your browned ground turkey and onions
- Cook minimum (4) hours on low
- An hour before serving stir in your sweet cut corn
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Serve and top as desired: sour cream, bacon bits, chives, cheese
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.