Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
A little loving goes a long way in this easy to make turkey slow cooker chili recipe. This is one I use often and my Grandmother is a huge fan. Just tonight she told me to make double the batch next time! Full of protein and it freezes very well! I create this recipe in myHamilton Beach Stay or Go 6qt Slow Cooker. All ingredients are available at your local grocery store. I tend to keep the cost low by picking them up at my local Aldi. This is a great meal to make for pot luck dinner’s, family gatherings, or as freezer meals!
Southern Comfort Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey frozen or fresh
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cans of red kidney beans
- 1 can of chili beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- optional, biscuits, cornbread, or saltine crackers
- In a skillet brown your ground turkey and add taco seasoning. Do NOT add water per packet
- Drain all of your canned beans and tomatoes.
- Place ground turkey, beans, tomatoes, and onions in to slow cooker.
- Stir and set on "low" for a minimum of 5 hours.
- Ladle in to individual bowls.
- Top with 1/4 cup shredded cheese and 1 tbsp sour cream.
- Serve with biscuits, cornbread, or saltine crackers.