Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
This post was sponsored by La Roche-Posay as part of an Influence Central campaign and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I have lived in Florida my whole life. When it comes to purchasing sunscreen for myself, I have always been picky. However, once I had a child, selecting sunscreen had become a nightmare! I found myself not trusting what I thought was great, due to the products failing at protecting my very active son who loves to play outside non stop.
About a month or two ago I first heard about La Roche-Posay Anthelios dermo-kids gentle sunscreen lotion. Let me confess, I have loathed lotion for ages and stuck to aerosol but a few months ago had an incident where we all got toasted. I was hesitant to try something new but had heard and seen some great reviews about the brand and their products. I am beyond glad I took the leap of faith! When selecting products that go on my skin or the skin of family members, I look for certain features and La Roche-Posay not only nailed it, but goes beyond my requirements!
- I always want an SPF of 50 or above. The kids sunscreen from La Roche-Posay comes in at a 60!!
- I prefer something we can use for both the face and body. Kids are squirmy, life is hard, let’s make it easier to not have to pull out two products because the one for their body is not sensitive enough for their face. The kids sunscreen from La Roche-Posay is gentle and safe for the whole body, including their face!
- We NEED water resistant! Most times we are outside, we are in the pool, the sprinkler, or playing in the water table. Nothing worse than wondering if your kids sunscreen is shedding in the water within the first 15 minutes of play.
- With kids, life moves fast. Having to reapply (The drying them off and reapplying makes them irritable by nature it seems) I love that the kids sunscreen from La Roche-Posay is water resistant for not only 60 minutes, but 80!!!!!
- Non greasy. Yep, this is the main reason my whole childhood and adult life I have loathed lotion sunscreens. I hate having greasy hands (Let’s be honest,where can you rinse your hands at the beach every time before you eat your food?!?) The formula the kids sunscreen has from La Roche-Posay not only is fragrance free and Paraben free but it is grease free!! It goes on smooth, absorbs fast, and Mom can keep on moving.
Beyond the many other benefits the brand has as being designed with moms, dermatologists, and pediatricians, the kids sunscreen was specifically made with UVA/UVB filters that provide broad spectrum, highly protective ingredients and antioxidants that are effective, safe, and gentle on children’s sensitive skin. We can’t protect our kids from everything in life but we can protect them from melanoma with protective measures.
There are a variety of amazing products and two other great ones are the Cicaplast Baume B5. A soothing multi-purpose balm that I am now reaching for after a long day in the son to soothe my lips and if we were at the beach, my feet!! It is useable on all dry areas of your body.
Now ready for something completely technology and of epic proportions? You can use the La Roche-Posay My UV Patch with the downloadable APP. I know you are thinking, why would I use an APP on my phone with a product on my skin? This patch is perfect for vacationing in climates you are not accustomed to. The UV rays are not the same all over. I will be using the patches on our next cruise. The My UV Patch is the first-ever stretchable skin sensor designed to monitor UV radiation in real-time to help educate users on their daily sun exposure to encourage true behavioral change. It is available on both iOS and Android devices.
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.