A warm and nutrient packed tortellini recipe that is sure to be a hit with even the pickiest eater. OK, maybe not the pickiest (my husband) but I promise you, the taste or texture that some people fear from vegetables is non existent in this tortellini recipe. Filling and tasty from the first bite to the last lick of the plate. This recipe is even Vegetarian friendly! The meat eaters will still love it but it can be altered to include ground turkey, ground beef, or something else if you prefer.
I did not include photos of sauce as it is pretty self explanatory and not as pretty as the rest of the process! Sometimes I like to start my sauce early and do it in the slow cooker (even more so if including meat)
Six Cheese Baked Zucchini Squash Tortellini Recipe
- 1 frozen bag of three cheese tortellini 40oz or bigger
- 1 jar spaghetti/red sauce
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Colby/Jack shredded cheese
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large squash
- 1 small sweet onion
- 3 slices of mild cheddar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oregeno
- 1 tbsp basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In sauce pan combine Jar of red sauce, 8oz tomato sauce, sugar, Oregano, and basil. Let simmer.
- Boil and prepare tortellini as per bag instructions
- Cut up zucchini, squash, and onion
- Heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in pan and saute together until a little color change and soft
- Preheat oven to 425
- In 9x9 baking dish layer half the Vegetables, half the Tortellini, 1/3 the sauce, 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Next layer is half the vegetables, half the tortellini, dividing the three slices of mild cheddar as shown, 1/3 sauce
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Pull dish out and put other 1/3 cup of shredded cheese on
- Change oven to BROIL HI and set timer for 5 minutes
- Salt & Pepper to taste, add garlic bread if desired!
Like what you see? Share on social media and comment so we know you want to see more recipes from my kitchen!
Author: Nichole Arnold
I’m the owner of Mommy Needs a Bottle . I’m a 30- something wine enthusiast that resides in Tampa, FL. I love family traditions, traveling, cooking, baking, reading, fashion, tattoos, beauty products, and being a Mommy! I have a background in marketing, public relations, copywriting, and sales.